We are swooping in with today’s blog post and we hope your sweet tooth is ready! Whether you’re here with the kids, family members, or friends (old or new!), there comes a time mid-morning, or mid-afternoon, or the evening – heck, it can happen ANY time of day – where you just need a little something sweet! It’s between formal meal times, but you’re having a full-blown snack attack. What do you do? We’re here giving you some ammunition (AKA camping snack ideas) to curb that attack and satisfy your sweet tooth at ANY time of day.
One Ingredient Wonders:
- Marshmallows – You can roast ‘em, toast ‘em, or eat them right out of the bag! However you decide, keep these close by….you’ll need them for some other snack ideas further down our list. 😉
- Fruit – Since they are naturally sweet, fruits are a delicious, easy-to-prepare snack idea. Sliced apples, chunks of pineapple, or a handful of grapes are a very healthy and very tasty dessert option.
- S’mores – Remember those marshmallows from above? Grab them because we’re talking about the #1 camping snack staple. We talk about this one on our blog OFTEN because, well, it’s delicious! This snack is SO versatile, SO easy to prepare, and SO fun to eat!
- Trail Mix – Another versatile option, you can basically throw ANYTHING – such as nuts, dried fruits, or chocolates – into the mix. Use raw nuts and dark chocolate for a healthier option, or ‘go crazy’ with M&M’s, peanut butter chips, honey roasted almonds…the possibilities are endless (and yummy!).
Easy as 1-2-3:
- No-Bake Cookies – (1) Ripe bananas, (2) uncooked oats, and (3) chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, raisins, or nuts. You can make a whole boat- RV-load so they’re easily accessible and ready to grab & eat when you’re in the mood!
- Rice Krispies Treats – Grab those marshmallows again! For this recipe, you only need (1) butter, (2) Rice Krispies cereal, and (3) those marshmallows to make this ooey-gooey sweet treat that EVERYONE loves!
Tell us – what is your go-to to satisfy your snack attacks?