Happy 4th of July! July 4th is a very special day in our history; it commemorates the day (in 1776) when the 13 original colonies claimed their independence from England — which led to the formation of the United States of America! #themoreyouknow That is definitely something worth celebrating!
So, how do Americans celebrate this special day? BBQs, backyard games, fireworks, baseball games, parades, and picnics are just a few of the ways that we celebrate! Many businesses close and families and friends are able to spend the day together.
Whether you’re at home, on vacation, or camping with us, here are a few things to help you celebrate!
- BE SAFE: If you’re in a place that allows sparklers and fireworks, safety should be your #1 priority. Be smart, follow precautions and read the directions carefully. Keep the kids in a safe spot; after all, we teach them NOT to play with fire! And, remember your pets! Those fireworks could be really scary for cats and dogs.
- MAKE FESTIVE RECIPES: In this article, there are 22 easy recipes that are perfectly red, white, and blue to help you celebrate! You can create a beautiful spread that looks great AND tastes great, too.
- REMEMBER WHAT YOU’RE CELEBRATING: Today is a wonderful day to make memories with family & friends. Just take a moment to remember that you’re celebrating America’s independence so throw in a little history while you’re hanging around today!
- SPEND YOUR TIME OUTDOORS: It is summer – so take advantage and enjoy it. Swimming, and playing, and laughing is the perfect way to celebrate. (Don’t forget to hydrate and use sunscreen!)
- WATCH A MOVIE: After a whole day of fun in the sun, come into the air conditioning and put on a movie! There’s one that comes to mind.
We hope you all have a wonderful holiday with family & friends. Be safe and have fun!